Step 2. Connect the clock to your account
2.1 How to turn on, turn off, and restart the clock
Make sure the clock is plugged in before turning it on. The clock should remain plugged in at all times. In the event of a power failure, the clock will continue working for a few hours with its internal backup battery.
To turn the clock on, off, or restart it: ress the button on the upper left side of the clock for a few seconds.
2.2 Pair your mobile app account with the clock
After you've created your account in the mobile app, go to the clock:
1. Make sure you see the time and date on the screen.
2. Swipe your finger from the right to the left side of the screen. The menu will appear.
3. Under Clock Pairing, tap “Not configured”. A QR code and a 6-character code will appear on the clock. The codes are valid for 15 minutes. If you do not use these codes within 15 minutes, new ones will be generated.
On the mobile app on your phone or tablet:
1. Tap “+ Add a clock”.
2. Choose one of the two options:
a. Scan the QR code: if you agree, the app will use your phone's camera to scan the QR code that appears on the clock.
b. OR Enter the code displayed under the QR code. Tap "Pair" to associate the clock with your account.
3. You should now see “Pairing successful” on the clock and on the app. The clock menu will also display “Configured” under Clock pairing.
4. Enter the desired name for your clock in the app. A good idea for a name is where the clock will be located (e.g., Peter’s room). Press “Save”.
5. Select your payment choice and billing details for your subscription to services.
Congratulations, your clock is now paired to your account. You can control it remotely!
2.3 Activate your Idem 3G cellular subscription
Once the clock is paired with your account in the mobile app, the page Subscription to the Idem connected clock service will show in the app. Select your preferred subscription and fill in the billing details.
If you don't want to complete your subscription immediately, you can select Complete later. In the meantime, the clock will not be able to any receive communication
If you did not complete your subscription when first connecting the clock to your account in the mobile app, you'll need to do so in the Settings menu, under Subscription. Select your preferred subscription and fill in the billing details.
If your subscription is inactive, you'll see an orange banner at the top of your mobile app. You can program communications but they will not be sent to the clock until your subscription is activated. If you tap on a communication, you'll see that your clock is paused. It will remain paused until you activate a subscription.
2.4 Explore the clock settings
We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the clock before presenting it to your loved one.
You can configure the clock settings through the mobile app or directly on the clock by swiping your finger from the right to the left side of the screen. Scroll down the menu to see more settings. Note that the mobile app features more settings than the clock menu.
2.5 Check your internet connection
If you have a monthly subscription, your clock will connect to the internet using the cellular network.
If you do not have a monthly subscription, you'll need to connect the clock to a Wi-Fi network. On the clock:
1. Swipe your finger from the right to the left side of the screen. The menu will appear.
2. Under Network, tap “Not configured”.
3. Select you network and enter the password.
You're now familiar with the clock settings. You are now able to communicate with your loved one remotely.