Step 2. Connect the clock to your account
2.1 How to turn on, turn off, and restart the clock
Make sure the clock is plugged in before turning it on. The clock should remain plugged in at all times. In the event of a power failure, the clock will continue working for a few hours with its internal backup battery.
To turn the clock on, off, or restart it: ress the button on the upper left side of the clock for a few seconds.
2.2 Pair your mobile app account with the clock
After you've created your account in the mobile app, go to the clock:
1. Make sure you see the time and date on the screen.
2. Swipe your finger from the right to the left side of the screen. The menu will appear.
3. Under Clock Pairing, tap “Not configured”. A QR code and a 6-character code will appear on the clock. The codes are valid for 15 minutes. If you do not use these codes within 15 minutes, new ones will be generated.
On the mobile app on your phone or tablet:
1. Tap “+ Add a clock”.
2. Choose one of the two options:
a. Scan the QR code: if you agree, the app will use your phone's camera to scan the QR code that appears on the clock.
b. OR Enter the code displayed under the QR code. Tap "Pair" to associate the clock with your account.
3. You should now see “Pairing successful” on the clock and on the app. The clock menu will also display “Configured” under Clock pairing.
4. Enter the desired name for your clock in the app. A good idea for a name is where the clock will be located (e.g., Peter’s room). Press “Save”.
Congratulations, your clock is now paired to your account. You can control it remotely!
2.3 Select the internet connectivity option that best suits your needs
Now that your clock is associated with your account in the mobile app, the page Subscription to the Idem connected clock service will show in the app.
Select your preferred subscription and fill in the billing details.
If you have a monthly subscription, your clock will connect to the internet using the cellular network.
If you do not have a monthly subscription, you'll need to connect the clock to a stable Wi-Fi network. To connect the clock on Wi-Fi :
1. On the clock, swipe your finger from the right to the left side of the screen. The menu will appear.
2. Under Network, tap “Not configured”.
3. Select you network and enter the password.
Congratulations, your clock is now connected! Communications scheduled in the app will now appear on the clock.
2.4 Explore the clock settings
We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the clock before presenting it to your loved one.
You can configure the clock settings through the mobile app or directly on the clock by swiping your finger from the right to the left side of the screen. Scroll down the menu to see more settings. Note that the mobile app features more settings than the clock menu.
You're now familiar with the clock settings. You are now able to communicate with your loved one remotely.